Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

System temp

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hiya, first off here's my system spec's:

AMD Athlon 64 6000+
Gigabyte M61P-S3
3GB DDR2 Kingston 800MHz
NVidia 8800GT
- 2x Hanns G 19" WS LCD
BenQ DVD +/- RW
NSpire 450W

System runs GREAT, no issues or problems with it at all. My only gripe is the temp at which it runs at.

Idle the motherboard temp is 66C/151F, CPU is 50C/122F and "aux" temp is 39C/102F. Now these temps dont seem to be negatively effecting the system, but they do me. I'd like to see the average temp of the system go down about 20F if possible. Reason being is that the system is setup in my bedroom, and the temp of the exhaust air out of the system keeps the rooms temp about 5 degrees higher than everywhere else in the house, and it being a small place, where it is currently is really the only location the system can be placed.

I've thought about building a duct system that would vent the warmer exhaust air out the window above my desk, but I'd like to see what anyone else can come up with before I start constructing my half baked idea.

Any thoughts/ideas are welcome.