Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Joke-bluescreen C [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

zemom

zemom

• Pip
  • 4 posts
My son accidently dowload this bluescreen virus. I have been reading the posts on this topic, however the virus that I have will not let me access this website on my laptop. Everytime I type in this address, the system jumps me to another site. i.e. it is preventing me from getting help. I am using my desk top to send this email.

Advertisements

harrythook

harrythook

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,618 posts
Hi zemom
Welcome to GeekstoGo, and I am sorry to hear about your problems.
Two things I need to know,
First do you have access to removable media on your desktop, as in can you burn a cd and take that to the laptop?
Second, I would like you to try this:
Copy this down for reference.
Restart the laptop, as it boots continually hit the F8 key.
A screen will pop up asking the method to boot into, we want safe mode with networking.
See if you can access the site once in safe mode.

Let me know if that works, if not we will look at another approach

Harry

zemom

zemom

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Sorry, I didnot realize that you had replied. I have a jump drive and am attempting to start up in safe mode but it is extremely slow.

zemom

zemom

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I booted in safe mode but I can not access the internet

zemom

zemom

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I've tried dowloading dss.exe but it recognizes the program and runs a clone without actuall performing the actions

harrythook

harrythook

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,618 posts
Hey zemom,
Lets try to get a couple of programs to run on that laptop. The first one will help prevent a common infection from jumping back to the good machine there.
First:
  • 1 - Flash Drive Disinfector
    Download Flash_Disinfector.exe by sUBs from >here< and save it to your desktop.
  • Double-click Flash_Disinfector.exe to run it and follow any prompts that may appear.
  • The utility may ask you to insert your flash drive and/or other removable drives including your mobile phone. Please do so and allow the utility to clean up those drives as well.
  • Wait until it has finished scanning and then exit the program.
  • Reboot your computer when done.
Note: Flash_Disinfector will create a hidden folder named autorun.inf in each partition and every USB drive plugged in when you ran it. Don't delete this folder...it will help protect your drives from future infection.

Next insert your jump drive and copy (save) the same tool to the removable drive.
Download Flash_Disinfector.exe by sUBs from >here< and save it to your jump drive.
Next Download SDFix and save it to your jump drive.

Insert the jump drive in the laptop and:
Double click SDFix.exe and it will extract the files to %systemdrive%
(Drive that contains the Windows Directory, typically C:\SDFix)

Please then reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following :
  • Restart your computer
  • After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, tap the F8 key continually;
  • Instead of Windows loading as normal, the Advanced Options Menu should appear;
  • Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode, then press Enter.
  • Choose your usual account.
  • Open the extracted SDFix folder and double click RunThis.bat to start the script.
  • Type Y to begin the cleanup process.
  • It will remove any Trojan Services and Registry Entries that it finds then prompt you to press any key to Reboot.
  • Press any Key and it will restart the PC.
  • When the PC restarts the Fixtool will run again and complete the removal process then display Finished, press any key to end the script and load your desktop icons.
  • Once the desktop icons load the SDFix report will open on screen and also save into the SDFix folder as Report.txt
    (Report.txt will also be copied to Clipboard ready for posting back on the forum).
  • Finally copy the contents of the Report.txt and save it in a place you will remember.

Follow the instructions for Flash Disinfector on the laptop, and allow the tool to run.

If you now have internet access to the site locate this thread and post the results of SDfix, download and run HijackThis and post the log it produces. If you are still redirected from this site copy the results to your jump drive and post them here from the good machine.

Harry

harrythook

harrythook

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,618 posts
Are you still in need of assistance zemom?

harrythook

harrythook

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,618 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.