Joke-bluescreen C [CLOSED]
Posted 28 June 2008 - 05:04 PM
Posted 28 June 2008 - 05:30 PM
Welcome to GeekstoGo, and I am sorry to hear about your problems.
Two things I need to know,
First do you have access to removable media on your desktop, as in can you burn a cd and take that to the laptop?
Second, I would like you to try this:
Copy this down for reference.
Restart the laptop, as it boots continually hit the F8 key.
A screen will pop up asking the method to boot into, we want safe mode with networking.
See if you can access the site once in safe mode.
Let me know if that works, if not we will look at another approach
Posted 28 June 2008 - 06:05 PM
Posted 28 June 2008 - 06:18 PM
Posted 29 June 2008 - 04:39 AM
Lets try to get a couple of programs to run on that laptop. The first one will help prevent a common infection from jumping back to the good machine there.
- 1 - Flash Drive Disinfector
Download Flash_Disinfector.exe by sUBs from >here< and save it to your desktop.
- Double-click Flash_Disinfector.exe to run it and follow any prompts that may appear.
- The utility may ask you to insert your flash drive and/or other removable drives including your mobile phone. Please do so and allow the utility to clean up those drives as well.
- Wait until it has finished scanning and then exit the program.
- Reboot your computer when done.
Next insert your jump drive and copy (save) the same tool to the removable drive.
Download Flash_Disinfector.exe by sUBs from >here< and save it to your jump drive.
Next Download SDFix and save it to your jump drive.
Insert the jump drive in the laptop and:
Double click SDFix.exe and it will extract the files to %systemdrive%
(Drive that contains the Windows Directory, typically C:\SDFix)
Please then reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following :
- Restart your computer
- After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, tap the F8 key continually;
- Instead of Windows loading as normal, the Advanced Options Menu should appear;
- Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode, then press Enter.
- Choose your usual account.
- Open the extracted SDFix folder and double click RunThis.bat to start the script.
- Type Y to begin the cleanup process.
- It will remove any Trojan Services and Registry Entries that it finds then prompt you to press any key to Reboot.
- Press any Key and it will restart the PC.
- When the PC restarts the Fixtool will run again and complete the removal process then display Finished, press any key to end the script and load your desktop icons.
- Once the desktop icons load the SDFix report will open on screen and also save into the SDFix folder as Report.txt
(Report.txt will also be copied to Clipboard ready for posting back on the forum).
- Finally copy the contents of the Report.txt and save it in a place you will remember.
Follow the instructions for Flash Disinfector on the laptop, and allow the tool to run.
If you now have internet access to the site locate this thread and post the results of SDfix, download and run HijackThis and post the log it produces. If you are still redirected from this site copy the results to your jump drive and post them here from the good machine.
Posted 11 July 2008 - 03:46 AM
If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users