Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

how do i know if my computer can use wireless internet

• Please log in to reply

Common

Common

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
here are the specs of my computer

# 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q6600
# 3GB PC2-5300 DDR2 SDRAM memory (expandable to 8GB)
# 400GB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive
# Super Multi DVD Burner with LightScribe technology 16x DVD+RW, 6X DVD-RW, 8x DVD+R DL, 8x DVD-R DL, 12x DVD-RAM, 16x DVD-ROM, 40x CDR, 32x CDRW, 40x CD-ROM
# Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3100 with 128MB dedicated graphics memory and up to 287MB total graphics memory
# Integrated 10/100/1000Mbps network interface
# 56K Modem
# Ports: 15-in-1 memory card reader, 6 USB 2.0 ports, 2 FireWire, Headphone, Microphone, 2PS/2, Digital Audio In/Out, LAN, Microphone/Line-in/Line-out, Rear-Speaker-out, Side-speaker out, Centre sub-woofer
# HP multimedia keyboard and scroller mouse
# Windows Vista Home Premium
# Software Included: Symantec Norton Internet Security 2008 (60 days complimentary live update); HP Photosmart Essential, Muvee AutoProducer Basic, Cyberlink DVD Suite Deluxe, Microsoft Works 9, Microsoft Office 2007 Home and Student Edition (60-day trial version), Adobe Reader 8.0, HP Total Care Advisor
# 16.28”L x 6.89"W x 15.24”H
# Weight: 22lbs unpackaged

I currently have a wireless internet router and my laptop works with it but now I want to use it on my desktop PC. how do I know if my desktop PC can use it?

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
If you don't see a small antenna attached in the back of your computer to a card, then you do not have wireless capabilities on the desktop. You just need to buy a compatible wireless card and install it. Set up the driver and run the Wireless Wizard and you should be ready to go.

Ron

Edited by Major Payne, 28 June 2008 - 08:09 PM.