Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Takes 5mins to boot up pc

• Please log in to reply

kidchop

kidchop

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello i am new here. My windows XP pro machine is having problems. When i boot up my pc, after the bios and windows logo screen my screen goes black with no mouse cursor or anythink for 5mins. This problem is annoying and i have been trying to fix it for the past month. I have seen some solutions but have not worked. I think it has somethink to do with my network card or whatever because i always have to repair my internet connection when i log into windows. Can somebody help me

Edited by kidchop, 28 June 2008 - 07:39 PM.

Advertisements

kidchop

kidchop

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I found a solution, System - Advanced - Start up setting - edit and changed the time to 5 seconds and now its starts fast now. Is this reliable? and i also have a problem with wireless internet. When ever i log in, it never connect to internet so i have to click repair on the wireless internet icon. Is there a way to fix this?

Mr Freeze

Mr Freeze

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
try uninstalling the wireless drivers
from Start/Run/ devmgmt.msc /click ok
click the + on network adapters
uninstall wireless drivers
the drivers will be reinstalled after you restart our computer
that should create a new connection
hopefully that helps

Edited by Mr Freeze, 28 June 2008 - 09:21 PM.

kidchop

kidchop

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

try uninstalling the wireless drivers
from Start/Run/ devmgmt.msc /click ok
click the + on network adapters
uninstall wireless drivers
the drivers will be reinstalled after you restart our computer
that should create a new connection
hopefully that helps

This did not work it just made the wireless device not work so i can to reinstall the whole software and driver. All i need to do is make it come under the start up list when i log into windows, how can i do this?