Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP doesnt load ?

• Please log in to reply

Apocalypse_VC

Apocalypse_VC

• PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
i dunno whee i had to post this so just posted it here...

I'm on my bros PC now.Why ? Well the reason is that my PC is not taking me in.The computer loads perfectly when,then give that choice if you want to start Windows in Safe Mode,Normal,Last known configuration,etc..I've taken all choices but for some reason my computer doesn't load Windows XP.A blue screen with text pops up and stay for like a few milliseconds and vanishes.There is text on it but its impossible to read it.

Can anybody give me a helpful solution ?

Advertisements

wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
Hi there Apocalypse_VC and welcome to Geeks To Go :)

I would like to start off with the blue screen issue, is it possible if you could get the error code please? To get this do the following, start up your computer and as soon as it starts up keep pressing F8 and a screen will come up with aload of options please select Disable automatic restart on system failure, this should allow you to get the error code in question.

If you get this code please reply with this error code where we can help you further.

If that fails I would reccomend a full repair, to do this follow my instuctions below.

First of all please see this post by admin.

I would like to add to this by saying a few more things, when you have loaded your cd-rom and accepted the Licence Agreement and pressed R to do the repair when you restart it will look like it is doing a fresh install, please do not worry as this is normal. After 5minutes or so you will be asked to input your langauge options, account name, licence key etc..... after you have done that it will continue to do the repair, once completed it will restart.

Upon restart you can start to configure a few settings, please note do NOT create a new account if asked as you will lose all your data just skip that step and continue, you may get asked to or you may not but if you do don't. I have done loads of repairs and I have seen this many of times :) sometimes it asks and sometimes it doesn't :)

Once all that is done you are good to go :)

Let us all know how you get along

Apocalypse_VC

Apocalypse_VC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen,restart your computer.If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Disable or uninstall any anti-virus,dis defragmentation or backup utilities.Check your hard drive configuration and check for any updated drivers.Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption and then restart your computer.

Technical Information :

*** Stop : 0x00000024 (0x00190203, 0x867E23D0, 0xC0000102, 0x00000000)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thats what I get.

Mr Freeze

Mr Freeze

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
this is what i can find on your issue

http://support.micro....com/kb/142648/

then i search this in the knowledge base

SERVPACK...it brought me to this

http://support.micro...amp;spid=global

i hope you can find a solution there

Apocalypse_VC

Apocalypse_VC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
Ok.But how do I get into the desktop ? Theres no way that I know of.

Mr Freeze

Mr Freeze

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
do you have your windows xp cd
or can you borrow one of same version
if you can or do you maybe able to boot up

Apocalypse_VC

Apocalypse_VC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
No I don't have the XP CD.i'll try to borrow a CD.

You sure there are no other possibilities?

Mr Freeze

Mr Freeze

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
not sure
but you can unplug harddrive replug it back
remove ram ................put it back
before you do any of this unplug power source
unplug from wall or powerbar

i suspect a registry change may have happened

can you slave the harddrive to another computer
and run a virus scan on it...........

Edited by Mr Freeze, 29 June 2008 - 12:40 AM.

Apocalypse_VC

Apocalypse_VC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
How do I slave it to another computer ?

Mr Freeze

Mr Freeze

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
The original drive should be set as the MASTER ( there will be a tag on the drive indicating which pins to jumper.....The drive you are putting in should be set to SLAVE......I assume that the drives are being connected using the flat IDE cable......be sure that when you plug in the ide cable that you have the referance marker towards the 4 pin power socket.

try doing that

Advertisements

Apocalypse_VC

Apocalypse_VC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
I'm talking to a friend now,he says that if I slave it and the other PC has the same AVG as mine there would be big possibily for his PC to get the virus too.Is that true ?

Mr Freeze

Mr Freeze

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
with infections it i possible
but this is your call

Apocalypse_VC

Apocalypse_VC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
Well I'd rather not risk it then.Could screw me up a lot lol.

Apocalypse_VC

Apocalypse_VC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
Well I'd rather not risk it then.Could screw me up a lot lol.

wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts

Ok.But how do I get into the desktop ? Theres no way that I know of.

Hello 'Apocalypse_VC

Thanks for your responce, if you are unable to load into the desktop there is no other way to do this, therefore I would reccomend a full system repair as mentioned above.

Please note with a repair you will not lose any data if you follow my steps above and take note what I said about the user accounts, if you do create a new one you will lose everything, if you are worried about this then what I would reccomend is use a linux live cd such as suse to boot into linux and you should be able to backup your data from there.

Since you are unable to obtain the live cd's on your computer you will need to do this on another computer.

The repair may or may not stop the error code but it should let you back into your system where you can troubleshoot the blue screen.

If after all of this and you are concerned that you may have malware on your computer then please follow my adivce below.

To rule out any spyware issue I reccomend for you to head to our malware removal forum which is here also before you post a log please read this post here
We are unable to assist with any form of malware removal in this forum, please post your problem in the malware forum where our experts will be more than happy to assist you.

You may want to also take a look at the list of Anti-Virus and Anti Spyware tools which are here

Regards