Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Empty device manager list (apropos virus?) [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

jff

jff

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi there,
I have followed all the instructions in the "You Must Read This Before Posting A Hijackthis Log, Malware Cleaning Guide"

I post the HijackThis log and the SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log. The other malware removers found no problems on the system. The SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log found some stuff which I have removed. (attached)

The PnP service is running and on Automatic.
I have fixed the permissions on HKLM Enum for full control.
I have stopped the PnP service, changed it to Disabled, then rebooted, then changed it back to Automatic again.
I have run the apropos fix tool and it found nothing.

I cannot print to a USB connected printer, and the torch displays for about 10-15 seconds when displaying the file system, according to the www all common problems with this virus.

I hope someone can help me. I am more than happy to send any other logs deemed appropriate.

jff

Attached Files

Advertisements

jff

jff

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I cant find where to remove this post. i managed to solve this myself, after no replies for weeks from you guys.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP

I cant find where to remove this post. i managed to solve this myself, after no replies for weeks from you guys.

It wasn't 'weeks', it was six days. As the pinned topic in the malware forum tells you, if you have waited more than three days, you should have posted in the Waiting Room.

Please remember that everyone here is a volunteer. We all have real lives, jobs and families... just like you do. We do our best, believe me. If you look around, there are hundreds of people needing help, just on this site alone. There aren't enough of us, nor enough hours in the day, to go around.

I'm glad you were able to get your problem sorted. If you ever need help again, please start a new topic... and keep the Waiting Room in mind should you need it.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.