Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

[Urgent Problem] Power Supply? Monitor? cables?

• Please log in to reply

lotsaproblems:(

lotsaproblems:(

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I dont know how start really but ill try.

Okay everything worked perfectly before.

First day , I re-plugged the Dvd rom power cable because Windows wasnt able to detect it, I turned on the PC, then my monitor stays in stand by mode wehile PC is running.

When i unplug the power cable of the DVD rom, Monitor would turn on and run normally.

I tried re-plugging the power cable again and tried then the next problem was even when my DVD rom power cable was unplugged, the monitor will always stay in stand by mode while CPU is running . Monitor light would always blink ( stand by mode) .

Things I tried :

I tried 2 different power supplies and non worked, stayed the same.

I tried a different monitor and it didnt work .

I bought a new computer case with a new power supply and it didnt work.

All cables are well plugged.

Conclusion Problem :

Monitor will always stay in stand by mode even if CPU is running.

DVD Rom wont open even if power cable is plugged.

There are times when Monitor would turn o but only until Bios, then it would turn off and stay in stand by mode.

I am suffering for about 2 weeks trying to get this to work. Got electricuted so many times and im like dying. Please Help

Windows XP
Pentium 4 3.0 Ghz
160 hdd
Viper Power Supply

Advertisements