Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

'Vundo.gen!N' Hiding on the computer. [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

ExAngel

ExAngel

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello GeeksToGo, I too am a fellow geek :)

I just very recently (within the past couple hours) got the "Vundo.gen!N" trojan, and removed it twice with Windows Defender.
Ive tried the self-help guide using the VundoFix program to try to remove it, but unfortunately, it did not work.
I have also scanned my whole laptop and some of my external hd using Trend Micro PC-cillin, but did not find anything either.

I have also searched for information on this trojan, and after reading some documents, now im afraid to restart my laptop lol, i dont want to accidentally trigger it.

As of now, no ads or anything seems to be wrong, but i have a feeling its still somewhere.

Oh, and other computer information, just in case:
Dell Inspiron E1505 - Vista Ultimate 64-bit
The vista ultimate is a new installation after i have formatted my laptop after some past incidents with space (Every time i refreshed, i would lose a couple megabytes, eventually leading to having 0 bytes of space left, so i formatted, and started new, and safer)
Umm, trojan came from a torrent, and i have Windows to the latest version, as well as my anti-virus software (Trend Micro).

So thanks for reading, and possibly considering to help me. :)

Edited by ExAngel, 29 June 2008 - 03:04 AM.

Advertisements

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Hello

Please download RUNSCANNER to your desktop and run it.
  • When the first page comes up select Beginner Mode
  • On the next page select Save a binary .Run file (Recommended) then click Start full scan at the top.
  • At this time Runscanner.exe may request access to the Internet through your firewall please allow it to do so, it will then run for two or three minutes.
  • On completion it will ask for a location to save the file and a name. It will do this for both the .run file and the log
  • Call the file "Select a file name here" and save it to your desktop. You will see the .run file on your desktop. Please zip the .run file by right clicking and selecting send to Zip file

Then upload that as an attachment in your next post.

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.