Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Start up problems

• Please log in to reply

Hatingcomputers

Hatingcomputers

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Searched the forum and couldn't find a topic the same as what i need. I have a compaq presario SR1000, SR1949Uk. A couple of weeks ago I went to turn it on and it started up but not windows. It went to the screen, safemode, last known good config and start normally. When I choose Safemode it freezes. With last known good config it goes to a black screen and freezes and when i do start normally it freezes. I tried doing a system recovery but i just get a BSOD syaing that my bios is not ACPi compliant and i should visit www.hardware-update.com or disable acpi. Ive tried removing everything connected and started it up with just the monitor and power supply but it still does not work. I dont know what to do and so am hoping someone here does.

Advertisements

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
Hello Hatingcomputers and welcome to Geeks to Go! :)

Have you tried resetting the BIOS to "Fail safe" or "Default" settings?
Something else you can try is doing a windows repair.
How to do so, follow the steps in the post made by our very own admin.
http://www.geekstogo...ws-XP-t138.html

Hope that helps,
Regards,
Olrik

Hatingcomputers

Hatingcomputers

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hello Hatingcomputers and welcome to Geeks to Go! :)

Have you tried resetting the BIOS to "Fail safe" or "Default" settings?
Something else you can try is doing a windows repair.
How to do so, follow the steps in the post made by our very own admin.
http://www.geekstogo...ws-XP-t138.html

Hope that helps,
Regards,
Olrik

Thanks but my comp didnt come with a windows xp disc and yea ive tried resetting the bios to defualt but it doesnt seem to work :)

Edited by Hatingcomputers, 30 June 2008 - 08:48 AM.

mirjel

mirjel

• PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
Hello Hatingcomputers,

We can try this. Remove the battery from the main board and remove a stick of ram . Turn on computer for 10-15 sec, then turn off. Place the battery in the same socket it was removed from. Place the memory back.

Turn on computer, load BIOS defaults, then disable the APM and legacy USB support. Save the change and restart.

Hope this help.

Regards,