Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to setup Hotmail with Outlook (2007) Vista

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

ryan38

ryan38

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
Hey im trying to setup my hotmail to work with outlook and its not working, just wondering if i could get some help? I've downloaded the connector but for some reason when i try to get into outlook this message comes up

"Cannot open your default e-mail folders. Outlook cannot start because a data file to send and receive mail cannot be found. To add a data file, such as a personal folder file, double click the mail icon in control panel."

Now i tried that but when i tried to set up anything this comes up

"This information service is not installed on your computer"

I'm not really sure where to go from here?? Any tips?

Advertisements

Makaveli213

Makaveli213

• PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • MVP
Hello,

I have written a connection guide to make Outlook 2007 work with Hotmail.

http://neosmart.net/...onnection Guide

See if any info there will help you get it working.

Cheers,
Mak

ryan38

ryan38

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
still doesn't work because once i go into setup the email it says "The information service is not installed on your computer"... now i searched that up and there is a patch which i got but when i tried to install that it says "The expected version of the product was not found on the system".

Even when i go into the program it loads and says "cannot find data file to send or receive" and the closes.

any thoughts?

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Closing this post until the user can provide proof that they have a legal version of Microsoft Office.