Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Blue Screen wallpaper

• Please log in to reply

nickchoo1994

nickchoo1994

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hello all, I have been very troubled lately with this problem. My computer has gotten a blue screen wallpaper with "Warning! Spyware detected on your computer, Install an Antivirus or spyware remover to clean your computer" and an Antivirus XP 2008 giving me popupsevery minute. I did not install this software and when i tried to remove it, it is still there. I really need help because my computer is running slow and i cannot change the screensaver and wallpaper. I really hope a good soul will help me get my computer back. Thank you

Advertisements

nickchoo1994

nickchoo1994

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
An update, the wallpaper seems to be fixed after i ran SpyBot and deleted the threats. I can change my wallpaper now. However, the antivirus2008 is still there and i cant delete it. Thanks alot

nickchoo1994

nickchoo1994

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Sorry for another update. I know im being troublesome but I have ended three processes which are made up of funny letters and numbers one of which is the same name as the programme file for the antivirus folder. I presume the other two are what makes the wallpaper and desktop change. However, i am still unsure of what will happen when i restart my computer, or if all the malicious stuff are gone. Please guide me to how i can confirm my doubts. Thank you

nickchoo1994

nickchoo1994

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
I am very sad. When i restarted my comp, everything came back, the wallpaper and the screensaver. Thankfully, the antivirus is gone because i deleted it so no more irritating popups. But the wallpaper and screensaver keeps coming back!!!!! And i cant change it. Please help me