Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Re-installed windows, not finding internet etc...

• Please log in to reply

discordia

discordia

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I'm using a partition of linux because it just connects to my router with no hassle, but I really need windows due to some programs which wont run here.
I had this problem before and had a shop fix it, but I'd rather learn how to do it myself this time.

I have a netgear router, the internet just doesn't connect or mention anything about it detecting the router, I have the router drivers installed, I think it needs some windows network drivers or something? I have everest if that's needed to know anything? and if it is, in what section of the log?

I fail here in the guide >
4. Scroll down to NETWORK ADAPTERS and expand the category by clicking on the “+” sign next to it
There is no "Network Adapters" to select...

And ipconfig gives nothing at all.

Also it was a custom comp, or I'd probably be able to find the drivers myself, if that's what it needs? I think I need to find the make of network card?

I hope someone can help me..<3

Edited by discordia, 29 June 2008 - 06:55 PM.

Advertisements

3quilibrium

3quilibrium

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
Hello discordia,
You are correct that you will need to find the driver's for your network card. Have you also tried to check into device manager to verify that your NIC isn't showing up? The best way to find the driver's is to physically open up your case and check the information on the NIC and try finding the drivers on the manufacturers website. If you have troubles finding the drivers post back here and I'll see if I can't help you with that issue, but I will need to know the manufacturer and model for further assistance.

Regards,
3quilibrium