Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

slight problem when upgrading to SP3

• Please log in to reply

Student101

Student101

• PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
this summer i have been working for our IT guy at our small school and he has given me the go ahead to upgrade our systems from Windows 2000 to windows XP SP3. Now everything has been going fine except for our sophos anti-virus. after the upgrade to SP3 is complete it will not update and the on access scanning is messed up. We have a batch file that i run to uninstall it and then i reinstall it and all is fine. I was just wondering why this is going on and if there is another fix?

The IT guy doesn't know so i figure someone here might

Studen101

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
A lot of programs don't like it when you upgrade Windows. Programs that monitor system activities such as Virus Scanners tend to suffer the most.
A few of those programs that don't like it when you upgrade Windows also don't like it when you repair Windows either.