Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ANTIVIRUSXP08 [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
It looks good after that last run.

For the internet connection issue, see if it has the same issue if you use a network cable. Otherwise, try reinstalling the wireless drivers to see if it helps. You can try asking in the networking board to see if they have any ideas on what's wrong.

For the recovery console, if you want to install it, follow the instructions here.

Good job. Your log is clean.

To help prevent future spyware infections, read the Anti-Spyware Tutorial and use the tools provided.

Are there any problems now? If none, go to Start->Run, copy/paste in combofix /u and hit OK to remove it. You should be set to go.

Advertisements

susan spencer

susan spencer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
Greyknight 17:
Thank you very much for all your help! Your instructions are very clear which allowed me to print them out and go step by step. However, by the third+ time, started getting pretty fast. In regards to the recovery console, wouldn't my computer have come with XP CD? How is this different? Is download adviseable?
Re IE connection:
I use notebook plugged in as it lasts for very short time otherwise. Never used network cables as have router. Motherboard was replaced recently and something happened with the IE connection unfortunately. Because it is 10x worse since virus, thought something got reset. This is why I had mentioned looking into error log for direction.

Thanks again.

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
It's always good to have it handy....this will actually let you access the recovery console without the XP CD so it saves a step in disastrous times. You can just use the download link for the recovery console utility (get it from the bleepingcomputer site).

You can try asking in the Windows section to see if they can assist you more on this matter. If it's another hardware issue, you might need to get it fixed again...

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.