Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Need to get rid of Spyware Please READ!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Znake

Znake

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
well the problem started last Monday, it seems that by laptop got infected with a spyware of some sort and I can't figure put how to remove it. I use mcafee and for the past week I been scanning my laptop like crazy hopeing it finds something but it doesn't, I can easily tell something is wrong with my laptop cause I encountered problems I never had before. First off when I first log on to my laptop it takes about 2 to 4 minutes for it to load all my stuff inside my laptop, Second there's always my windows security alert icon in red meaning that my automatic updates are turned off, and basically there's always a 50/50 chance that I can turn it back on cause sometimes a window pops up telling me to activate it on control panel inside the system where it is already on . Third some settings on my computer keep changing without my approval, example when I go to Internet options under privacy, my Internet zone is ussully in save all cookies when I change it on medium i close it then I go back and it goes back to save all cookies agian!!!!! In which never put on to begin with cause my defualt is medium and saving cookies is bad especially on infected site. Fourth it seems that I can't use my wireless Internet cause it goes very slow and poorly when it was never like that before!!!! And sometimes when I do connect if I get lucky, pop ups start to come out of nowhere and tell my my computer could be infected with something!!!! The latest problems as of now are that my laptop is getting screwy and slightly slower!! It just seems that this thing seems to know my every move its almost gonna be a week and I still haven't figured a way out to remove it. Right know I'm using my iPod touch to write this massage cause I can't even use my computer for Internet access no more . I been trying to track it down lately with a little help of mcafees report and logs and seeing If i can remove it manually but it seems there's no hope it sometimes seems that it is inside microsoft files, I once tried to delete a microsoft file that was suspisciouse, it either duplicated or I couldent remove it cause it was in use or it had write protection!!! I really need help! It seems like this [bleep] spyware checkmate me !! I could really Use someones help or advice ASAP!!!!!!-----------------------------------------------------------------I am currently using safe mode as of now, I need help badly. I wrote this in a Mcafee foum but no one seems to respond, Can someone please help me with the issues i have above before this spyware finds me out. For some reason my mcafee is not protecting me right know but when i go to normal window(non Safe Mode) it says its activated and protecting me. I think the spyware that i have probably disbled most of my mcafee protection in Safe Mode, Kinda hard to believe but it should be protecting me when i'm actaully in a sefer mode. If anything can someone please help me, I really appricate it, Thanks

Update- I wrote ths in 2 other helpfull forums just in case i get no replies. I need help PLEASE!!!! THANKS to whoever tries to help me.

Advertisements

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
Welcome to GTG.

Please read this topic and post your HijackThis log here when ready. Get these programs from another computer if this computer has problems getting them.

I don't recommend posting in other forums when you posted in one already. I suggest closing the other two....

Znake

Znake

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Well Here's My Log, Any Expert Please Help Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 11:19:59 PM, on 7/2/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16674)
Boot mode: Safe mode with network support

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://us.rd.yahoo.c...//www.yahoo.com
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar3.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\2.0.301.7164\swg.dll
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar3.dll
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {0BF43445-2F28-4351-9252-17FE6E806AA0} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] "C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [THotkey] C:\Program Files\Toshiba\Toshiba Applet\thotkey.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPLpr] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LtMoh] C:\Program Files\ltmoh\Ltmoh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AGRSMMSG] AGRSMMSG.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NDSTray.exe] NDSTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TPSMain] TPSMain.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PadTouch] C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Touch and Launch\PadExe.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SmoothView] C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSHIBA Zooming Utility\SmoothView.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Pinger] c:\toshiba\ivp\ism\pinger.exe /run
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Tvs] C:\Program Files\Toshiba\Tvs\TvsTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TFncKy] TFncKy.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TDispVol] TDispVol.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PRISMSVR.EXE] "C:\WINDOWS\system32\PRISMSVR.EXE" /APPLY
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KernelFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RTHDCPL] RTHDCPL.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSPM Startup] C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\UPDATE~1\isuspm.exe -startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSScheduler] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" -start
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [XboxStat] "c:\Program Files\Microsoft Xbox 360 Accessories\XboxStat.exe" silentrun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ec6ca055] rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\system32\gncbqqxm.dll",b
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BMef5f93c9] Rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\system32\mufqmong.dll",s
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast!] C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [SpybotDeletingA7761] command /c del "C:\WINDOWS\wt\webdriver.dll"
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [SpybotDeletingC9499] cmd /c del "C:\WINDOWS\wt\webdriver.dll"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [TOSCDSPD] C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSCDSPD\toscdspd.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Creative WebCam Tray] "C:\Program Files\Creative\Shared Files\CamTray.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [updateMgr] C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\AdobeUpdateManager.exe AcRdB7_0_0
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Uniblue RegistryBooster 2] C:\Program Files\Uniblue\RegistryBooster 2\RegistryBooster.exe /S
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SUPERAntiSpyware] C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\RunOnce: [SpybotDeletingB1240] command /c del "C:\WINDOWS\wt\webdriver.dll"
O4 - HKCU\..\RunOnce: [SpybotDeletingD8536] cmd /c del "C:\WINDOWS\wt\webdriver.dll"
O4 - Global Startup: $McRebootA5E6DEAA56$.lnk = C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe
O4 - Global Startup: RAMASST.lnk = C:\WINDOWS\system32\RAMASST.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Spybot - Search & Destroy Configuration - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://www.toshibadirect.com/dpdstart
O16 - DPF: {EF791A6B-FC12-4C68-99EF-FB9E207A39E6} (McFreeScan Class) - http://download.mcaf...130/mcfscan.cab
O18 - Filter hijack: text/html - {460d4c7d-6691-432d-98f3-bbc9f3f01550} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\iehlpr32.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: !SASWinLogon - C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.dll
O23 - Service: McAfee Application Installer Cleanup (0163291215025595) (0163291215025595mcinstcleanup) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\016329~1.EXE
O23 - Service: Atheros Configuration Service (ACS) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\acs.exe
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: avast! iAVS4 Control Service (aswUpdSv) - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Antivirus - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Mail Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Web Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
O23 - Service: ConfigFree Service (CFSvcs) - TOSHIBA CORPORATION - C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\CFSvcs.exe
O23 - Service: DVD-RAM_Service - Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\DVDRAMSV.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Real-time Scanner (McShield) - Unknown owner - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcshield.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: McAfee SystemGuards (McSysmon) - Unknown owner - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcsysmon.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Swupdtmr - Unknown owner - c:\TOSHIBA\IVP\swupdate\swupdtmr.exe
O23 - Service: TOSHIBA Application Service (TAPPSRV) - TOSHIBA Corp. - C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSHIBA Applet\TAPPSRV.exe

--
End of file - 8349 bytes

Znake

Znake

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Need Help :)

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
Please be patient. We are all volunteers here. Do NOT bump your topic especially if you have someone helping you already. If you get no response after 3 days, feel free to post in the Waiting Room with a link back to the topic instead. You waited about 3 hours yesterday....

Which Antivirus program do you want to keep? Avast or McAfee? Choose one now and uninstall the other one.

Go to http://www.bleepingc...to-use-combofix and follow the instructions on how to install the Recovery Console and run ComboFix. Go through all the steps until posting the log part. Post the combofix log here.

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 31,959 posts
Maybe if everyone just looked for help on one forum at a time, our volunteers would have more time and be able to help everyone quicker.

I suggest you make up your mind. Continue to get help here or continue over here:
http://forums.whatth...=15#entry472498

Unless I find even more threads at other forums the choice is yours.

Sorry for the interruption greyknight17

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
I agree....no problem Metallica :)

I'm closing this one out.