Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

start up cd question

• Please log in to reply

alundra

alundra

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hi, i tried to create a start up cd using nero, i put the boot.ini, ntldr and ntdetect.com into the cd and burn it, after that i reboot the computer and instead of booting me into windows, it boot me into a command line windows..anyone can help me how to do this right? thanks

Advertisements

wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
Hello alundra and welcome to Geeks To Go

When you say startup cd are you trying to make a bootable live cd/system recovery cd or another form of cd?

If you want a system recovery cd and you have bought your machine from a manufacturer I would reccomend contacting them and get them to send you one.

Regards

alundra

alundra

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
my system working just fine right now.
basically, i just want to make a boot disk that let me boot into the OS in case if something bad happen to the system that wont let me get into the OS. Since i dont have a floppy drive, i tried to make it on a CD instead (Nero has an option that let you make a bootable CD), but when i boot off that CD i just made, it didnt let me get into the OS.