Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hi Guys - Lots of problems :(

• Please log in to reply

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
Your very welcome Jennifer18

Glad I could help,
And thank you very much,

Please use the following suggestion to help prevent reinfection

Download the following program, For keeping crap off your system to begin with
Prevent the installation of ActiveX-based spyware, adware, browser hijackers, dialers, and other potentially unwanted pests. Block spyware/tracking cookies in Internet Explorer and Mozilla/Firefox. Restrict the actions of potentially dangerous sites in Internet Explorer.
Download Spyware Blaster

Keep Ad-aware and Spybot handy, Check them for updates prior to running and run them weekly
Same with your Anti Virus,

For an added check run an online virus scan, you can use one of the 2 below,
TrendMicro's HouseCall
ActiveScan

Be sure and give the Temp folders a cleaning out now and then as well, Make sure after you clean your Temp files to empty out your Recycle bin as well.
For ease use the following program
Download and install Cleanup
Run "Cleanup" and when it has finished, Reboot

Remeber to Check Windows for updates

Probably a good time to create a new restore point See Here Name it clean or something like that,

I will leave this topic open for a couple days in the event you have any further problems, After it is closed if you need it reopened for any reason you can pm a member of the staff or myself,

Don

So if you say im lookin good now (ah-thank-ya lol)

Looking good !!! :tazz:

Advertisements