Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

LOST MY PICTURES on Kodak software!

• Please log in to reply

pocohontus

pocohontus

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I need someones help so very badly.
I have Kodak software installed and recently discovered that all my pictures are gone !! :)
I have written to Kodak so that they may help me find them. They gave me suggestions as;
go to search and do a search for all jpg which I have done and I do have some there but they are the same pictures that are on my HP image software not the ones which are lost.
These are pics of my children's births, Italy and Alaska pics, grandmom who recently died along with videos, all sorts of family pictures for the last 5 years since it was installed. The picture could be seen but an X is through the picture and when you open it it says file lost or damaged, file cannot be found, file may be renamed and moved.
I have experience many problems with this software from freezing my computer to where I have to shut down and reboot, report to microsoft the problem it will say, software not responding.
I know I have not deleted these pictures so where are they. I have tried all of Kodaks suggestions and still cannot open these pictures. I just want to find them and get them off and out of this software right away. I cannot burn the ones which are still there, which arent many left and seem to be losing more, because I do not have a burner right now.
Please help, please, please, They do have to be SOMEWHERE right????

thanks for your help in advance....

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
It sounds like that your having problems with your hard drive. First, I would run a checkdisk

1. Click Start, select Run.
2. In the 'Open' box, type cmd
3. Click Ok.
4. Run the chkdsk utility by typing in the following command:
chkdsk c: /f /r
NOTE: the /f command automatically fixes any errors encountered, the /r command locates bad sectors and recovers readable information
5. A reboot is normally required for the Chkdsk program to lock the disk and run correctly, so simply restart the computer and Chkdsk will run automatically. When it's finished, (This process can take quite a while depending on the size of your disk, etc.), it will boot back to normal Windows.

This will also log the results to the event viewer.

Spinrite ($89) is another utility that goes beyond data checking and looks at the actual hard drive. I use it and highly recommend it.

Christine29

Christine29

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I need someones help so very badly.
I have Kodak software installed and recently discovered that all my pictures are gone !! :)
I have written to Kodak so that they may help me find them. They gave me suggestions as;
go to search and do a search for all jpg which I have done and I do have some there but they are the same pictures that are on my HP image software not the ones which are lost.
These are pics of my children's births, Italy and Alaska pics, grandmom who recently died along with videos, all sorts of family pictures for the last 5 years since it was installed. The picture could be seen but an X is through the picture and when you open it it says file lost or damaged, file cannot be found, file may be renamed and moved.
I have experience many problems with this software from freezing my computer to where I have to shut down and reboot, report to microsoft the problem it will say, software not responding.
I know I have not deleted these pictures so where are they. I have tried all of Kodaks suggestions and still cannot open these pictures. I just want to find them and get them off and out of this software right away. I cannot burn the ones which are still there, which arent many left and seem to be losing more, because I do not have a burner right now.
Please help, please, please, They do have to be SOMEWHERE right????

thanks for your help in advance....

What's up I'm so sorry to hear about your problem I signed up to respond to you. I have the same problem but I found some of my pictures in my computer. I did a reconnect to picture and found some of them in my computer try that again that should work. I have not however found my videos I don't know what I'm going to do about that. I believe my sister still has her pics in her computer.
The last time this happened luckelyI still had my pics in my camera and didn't have to go through this it is a lot of work so good luck and don't get frustrated well write back to me. :)