Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook Express wornout delete button?, no delete

• Please log in to reply

turbothree0

turbothree0

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
I had some problems with my Outlook Express and sending emails with attachments. I use the outlook for my small business but save most of my emails for reference. A friend told me that my sent items folder was filled and that could be why i cannot sent attachments. I set out to delete most of the sent items folder as quick as I could. It was working fine for the first minute, and then stopped deleting. Now I cannot delete by either highlighting the email and hitting delete, or left click and then delete.No delete at all..My inbox is filled with spam, and i cannot make any sense of it..Any ideas...
**NEW UPDATE**
Outlook is keeping emails with attachments in the outbox and sending them 40+ times without moving them from the outbox to the sent items folder...
Very weird??
Turbothree0

Edited by turbothree0, 30 June 2008 - 12:25 PM.

Advertisements

Throoper

Throoper

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
Move everything out of the Sent Items folder in OE to another folder of your own creation.
Go into the OE Message Store folder and with OE closed delete the Sent Items.dbx file.
A new one will be created when you next open OE.

turbothree0

turbothree0

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
Thanks for the help. I did as instructed and it is working..I am assuming i had to many msg's in the sent folder?. again thanks for the help man.
Turbothree0

Throoper

Throoper

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Thanks for the help. I did as instructed and it is working..I am assuming i had to many msg's in the sent folder?. again thanks for the help man.
Turbothree0

You assume right. If the DBX files become too large, they can corrupt.
Try to keep the default OE folders as small as practical by deleting what you don't need and moving what you want to folders of your own creation.
Also be sure to Compact your folders once in a while (OE will do it automatically every 100 times it's opened if you have the SP2 update installed) and that will help avoid a lot of problems.
T. :)

turbothree0

turbothree0

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
I will have to ck for the update, if I don't have it I will later today.
Again thank you for the assistance.
Turbothree0