Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Download woes

• Please log in to reply

weybrew

weybrew

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I recently installed Firefox 3 and began having problems with video downloads. They begin and then within a few seconds stop... sometimes I see a "buffering" tag... but the video never resumes. Additionally, when I download a data file the download stops short. I can get it to resume by clicking Pause, then Resume. It often takes multiple times to get the full download. I'm not using any extra download manager.

WinXP (SP2), Firefox 3

Advertisements

weybrew

weybrew

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Add'l info for everyone. It seems that my download woes are not limited to Firefox 3, they began coincidentally about the same time as my install. I uninstalled FF3 and installed FF2.0.0.15 and got the same symptoms on my test downloads. Can anyone give me a hint as to the problem?

weybrew

weybrew

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
FIXED! As it turned out my troubles were not software related at all, but a failing wireless router. New router solved the problem.