Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Very First Build

• Please log in to reply

Cfour

Cfour

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Sup Every1. I'm an Old feller originally from Macon, Ga....Go Dawgs! I'm an electronics tech for Unifirst Corporation. I troubleshoot and repair automated embroidery equipment. I'm an electronics tech that knows very little bout' the home PC...... go figure. But that's why I'm here. I started online gaming about 4 years ago ( Joint Operations and Call of Duty ). My gaming name is "Cfour"....some of you have prolly killed me. Been gaming on an old Sony Vaio up until 2 weeks ago. Built my very first system...YEEEHIII!!! And it went over without a hitch...amazing. Here's my new build, let me know what you think.

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3Ghz 6MB 1333FSB CPU
XFX nForce 780i Socket 775 Motherboard
XFX GeForce 8800 GT 512MB PCIe GPU x2 in SLI
Corsair 4MB PC6400 DDR2 800Mhz
OCZ 1010W Game Extreme PSU
Windows XP Home Edition

Had 3 of those GPUs until I realized they wouldn't work in TRI SLI. XFX tech said I had to get the Ultras for that, but assured me the 2 8800's would be fine.....even for Crysis. Haven't bought it yet, but will very soon. Sent the 3rd card back to TigerDirect with no probs. Tiger is a great company.

I came here because I wanna learn about my computer. overclocking etc. Enough of the rambling. Looking forward to hanging out and learning from everyone.

Advertisements

jt1990

jt1990

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
Looks like a pretty sweet build! :) Unfortunately, I can't say much more then that for what you want. I've never done anything with overclocking. :)