Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

printers work then disappear

• Please log in to reply

krogerauto

krogerauto

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi - not real knowledgeable on computers but can work with them. I have Windows XP and for some reason my printers will be working and then all of the sudden they disappear! No error messages at all but it seems to happen later in the day. No files for them and when I try to add a printer it tells me the operation cannot be completed. I have uninstall my printer programs and reinstalled and it will fix it for a short time but then they disappear again. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Advertisements

mirjel

mirjel

• PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
Hello krogerauto,

Welcome to Geeks to Go.

Did you installed any update, drivers etc before that appeared.

Regards,

krogerauto

krogerauto

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
No - the only updates added would have been the updates from windows. I have not downloaded any new programs either - not sure if that matters! This just started happening about a week ago; I will be working on the computer, printing invoices or statements and will be doing fine then will go to print again and will tell me to add a printer but when I try it will not let me. Also when I boot up in the morning both printers will show up under my printer folder then will just disappear! I did try to update my driver but said I had the latest version - have not uninstalled any drivers though.

mirjel

mirjel

• PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
Have you installed SP-1 or SP-2.

regards,