Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Waiting on response

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Spartanfan

Spartanfan

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Link to original post
http://www.geekstogo...ms-t202560.html

I didn't really give much description on that first post, that most likely didn't help much.
But here is a better update.
A week ago saturday i started getting Blue Screen messages on my PC, then noticed that This Xpantivirus/Malware Protector had been installed. Then started telling me i had all these viruses and needed to purchase the said program to get rid of them. It also changed my Background to a blue screen with a Yellow/blue box saying "Warning! Spyware dected on your computer! Install an Antivirus or Spyware remover to clean your computer."
Attempts to uninstall met with no success (uninstall through the program on the start menu, and thru Add/remove programs)
Spybot Search and Destroy/AVG/SuperAntispyware/Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware seemed to detect problems but where unable to remove them.

I did end the suspicous process through the Task Manager so i am not receiving blue screens/I have viruses messages every few minutes
And also went through MSCONFIG to stop them from opening when i startup the PC.

For the most part things seem to be running ok, but i know they are still on my computer. And have the potential to cause more problems so i realy need help getting it off of my computer.
Thank You,
-Josh

Advertisements