Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help winxp wont boot at all

• Please log in to reply

m0nk

m0nk

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hey guys,
Well my computer wont boot into xp, it gets passed the bios goes to load windows but nothing a blank screen.
I did safe mode and it comes up file is missing or corrupt /windows/system32/config/system insert cd and press r to repair, so i put the cd in it goes to load it (yes i have set it to boot from cd first) but nothing a blank screen again, i even go to do the gigabyte xpress recovery but again nothing a blank screen..
If anyone can help me that would be great

Advertisements

m0nk

m0nk

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I just checked there is a switch at the back of the power supply to turn the fan on but it was switched off.. its still a bit hot ive switched the fan on but its still not booting.. if i give it a while do you think it should boot into windows or could it be something else?

mirjel

mirjel

• PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
Hello m0nk,

So, turn on your PC, put in Windows CD and turn the pc off . Then turn it on, it asks you to press any key to boot from the cd disk, right.

Regards,

Edited by mirjel, 01 July 2008 - 04:42 AM.

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
Hello m0nk,

At some point it should ask you to boot from CD. At this point you HAVE to press a key in order to boot from CD.
I suggest you get your windows CD and follow the steps to repair an Operating System from our admin.
http://www.geekstogo...ws-XP-t138.html

Hope this gives you enough information to repair your Operating System.
Regards,
Olrik