Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

computer slowed down sins upgrade

• Please log in to reply

whippyice

whippyice

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey guys last night i got rid of an old sata one hdd and swoped out my 8800 ultra for a 9800 gtx xt editon and replaced the old hadd with a new sata 2 terabite one now the problem is that .

when i come to install vista on the new hdd after connecting everthing up and turrning it all on its take a long long time to install vista and then when vista finnaly installs around a hour later almost anything runns a lot slower than i should be as

i thought it might be to do with the fact that im using a sata 2 hard drive but i wouldnt know im still learning

any help with this would be amazing thanks
:)

Edited by whippyice, 01 July 2008 - 01:23 AM.

Advertisements

jt1990

jt1990

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
SATA 2 is supposed to be faster than plain old SATA (I think up to twice as fast.) If your board doesn't support SATA 2, then it should just revert back to SATA 1 speed...

How much RAM do you have? I've found that you really need at least 2GB to run Vista properly.