Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trying to upgrade video card but having problems

• Please log in to reply

waffle11

waffle11

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
I just got a new ATi X2600 pro AGP card today and I wanted to replace my old Geforce FX 5700 Ultra with it, but when I install it and try to load up my computer I get met with a no signal screen on my monitor. If I use the mobo's onboard video or the old card the computer works just fine, I just dont know what to do in order to test if the card works at all. The X2600'd fan begins to spin upon further inspection making me think it has power. I just dont know what to do at this point.

Specs:
processor: Pentium 4 2.4 GHz hyper threaded

Ram" 2Gig Ram dual chaneled

Sound Card: Sound blaster Live 5.0

450W PSU

120 gig Hard Drive

I dont really know my Mobo

Thanks!!

Advertisements

jt1990

jt1990

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
Does Windows even recognize the new card in the Device Manager? If it does, I would say that you need to install/reinstall drivers for it.

waffle11

waffle11

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
By that do you mean plug in the card and use the onboard to check that because at no point while using the new card do I get display, and I have already installed the drivers numerous times.