Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internal Error 2753. RegUtils

• Please log in to reply

mrdusty007

mrdusty007

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
I decided to uninstall my Java download, with a view to subsequently reinstalling because when I tried to play a game on POGO & it said I had Java error so I could not play.

In 'Control Panel':
I opened "Add or remove programs" and clicked on " J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0"
I got a screen:
"Are you sure you want to remove J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 from your computer ?"
I clicked 'Yes'.
I got another screen:
"Please wait while Windows configures J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 -Gathering required information. "
I got another screen:
" Internal Error 2753. RegUtils ". I clicked 'OK'.
I got another screen:
"Fatal Error during installation." I clicked 'OK' and was promptly returned to the " Add or remove programs " screen. In other words, at the moment I have no means of uninstalling this Java program.
Please advise me how I may accomplish uninstallation, despite the above circularity.
Besides the 5.0 I mentioned I also have several J2SE Runtime Envoronment 5.0 updates on my list. I have: 10, 11, 4, 6, 8 & 9 as well as an Environment 6 Update 1 & 3 Java™ 6's that are updates 2, 3 & 5. The same error occurs if I try to uninstall any of them.

Do I need all of these?

Advertisements

Ryan

Ryan

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,867 posts
Was being helped in chat.

We found that using Microsoft's Installer Cleanup Utility solved the problem.

The utility can be found at http://download.micr...1bd/msicuu2.exe

mrdusty007

mrdusty007

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Thanks Ryan, it worked perfectly. Really appreciate the help.