Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New build problems

• Please log in to reply

NewBuilder

NewBuilder

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello everyone. I have buit my second computer and have had a lot of trouble with it funtioning properly. My first system i built a few years back worked fine so i thought i would build another. I had heard it might be posible to use my old hard drive as it was and be able to just build around it and have the sytem boot up and work properly. The following is the list of new parts used.

Abit Pto IP35
4mb Corsair DDR2 800 ram
Nvidea Ge Force 8800 gts
pc power and cooling 610 watts power supply

I put it sll together and it did boot up useing what is on old hard drive. I then installed new drivers etc.

The first problem i had was sometimes instead of going to the destop it would instead keep cycleing though the start up over and over. It would get so far get a blue screen and retry.
Sometimes however the system is stable as it is atm But sometimes it gets a blue screen and want s to recycle again

I t is also sensitve to temperature and will not boot uptil the ambient temperature gets above 70 degrees.
Below this it wil not boot.

I hope you can help me track down what is causeing all these problems.

Thank you in advance

Advertisements

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
It is always recommended that a minimum a repair install is done to Windows. I however, always recommend a fresh install. That is likely the cause of your blue screens but I can not tell you for sure without seeing what stop code it is.

I t is also sensitve to temperature and will not boot uptil the ambient temperature gets above 70 degrees.

Celsius or Fahrenheit?

Please post the stop code on the blue screen in your next post.

Edited by Titan8990, 02 July 2008 - 12:01 PM.

NewBuilder

NewBuilder

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks Titan for the reply. No post code as of yet but the temperature i was refering to was the room temperature in Fahrenheit.