Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Realtime Priority

• Please log in to reply

TheQuickBrownFox

TheQuickBrownFox

• PipPipPip
  • 714 posts
I ran a program, and for no reason whatsoever other than curiosity, I tried to change it's process' priority up to Above Normal then to High. Everything was still OK. The program ran faster and all that. I set it up one more to Realtime.
Now my I/O won't respond. I-ain't-got-nothin'. Not even the power button :)

So I pull the plug and everything is back to normal.

So, is there a way to set things back to normal or have my peripherals respond without pulling the plug?

Thanks. :)

Advertisements

jt1990

jt1990

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
Not even the power button, eh? :) Yow. I doubt it. If there's a rocker switch on the back of the PSU, you should be able to cut power from the source... I would try powering it up from there again. See if you get anything, and if you don't try to boot to Safe Mode and use System Restore (If you can.)

Nice Avi, btw :)

TheQuickBrownFox

TheQuickBrownFox

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Nice Avi, btw :)

Thanks.

I'm actually asking if there's a way to have my mouse move or my keyboard work while the program is running at Realtime priority. I can easily pull the power and just power on again to go back to normal.

jt1990

jt1990

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
Hmm... I doubt it. :-/

TheQuickBrownFox

TheQuickBrownFox

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 714 posts
Yeah...It's not really important anyway. Just something I do for the sake of trying to break my computer. :)