Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Need help with wirless internet

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
A couple of months ago my laptop was working prefectly. The wireless internet which i used worked. However there were so many progarms I decided to format it. After formating the computer the wireless icon in the system which i had before had dissapeared. When i when to computer managment and looked in device managment there were a list unintalled devices. I think this is the problem. How do I install them. I don't have the software and I treid that reinstall icon but it doesn't work.

Attached Thumbnails

• Picture1.jpg

• PipPipPip
  • 714 posts
Hi and welcome to the site!

You need your drivers installed for your wireless Internet to work again. If you still have the CD that came with your laptop, it would be an automatic solution for you. Just install your drivers from there. If you don't have them, you're going to have to download from the Internet. First, you need to know your hardware. Go to the Network Connections Window (accessible via Control panel). You'll see there the Connection you have with your wireless adapter. Right click on it then click Properties. You'll see your adapters name there. Click Configure to see the full name under the General Tab. Google for the driver and you can install that downloaded driver.

Go to device manager to manually install the driver. Click Start->Run. Type devmgmt.msc and click OK. Double click on your Wireless Network adapter and install from there.

After you have your driver installed, you should now be able to connect to your wireless network (and the Internet). Make sure your wireless settings match the one you use for your network.