Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft Visual C+ + Runtime Library

• Please log in to reply

btkmkoch

btkmkoch

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have a CD from Kaplan Financial - Series 7 Drill & Practice - that was installed and working fine on my laptop. It creates sample securities exams, etc. I'm now not able to open it - have uninstalled it and attempted to reinstall it and receive this message:

"Microsoft Visual C+ + Runtime Library
Program: ...Files\Dearborn\Series 7 Drill and Practice\Series7dp.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information."

I have ActiveSync on my laptop to sync with a Motorola Q - tried uninstalling that to see if it was the problem, but no help there.

Someone suggested I search for a Hotfix, so I attempted to install this:
KB Article Number(s): 884538
Language: English
Platform: i386

but I haven't had any good/bad results from it either.

Any suggestions - I'm the furthest from a techie, but you can see I'm willing to do some searching if I have good directions.

Thanks!

Advertisements

btkmkoch

btkmkoch

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I neglected to mention in my previous post that the CD installs and runs fine on my desktop.

Since I see that there have been several people read the post but no one offering suggestions.....am I just out of luck with some sort of incurable error as far as the laptop is concerned? :)

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
unfortunately this is a pretty generic error message. Have you contacted Kaplan to see what they suggest?

btkmkoch

btkmkoch

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Yes - they weren't any help, unfortunately. Initially, they said that I must have damaged the CD, which obviously isn't the case since it installed and operates fine on my desktop. Their next suggestion was that the problem is in my laptop and not something they can provide any assistance with................... I'm sorry I'm not much help either.