Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Using iPod to transfer music to new HDD

• Please log in to reply

piggyprobe

piggyprobe

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
Hi y'all - quick question. I recently had to replace a hard drive that was being used to back up my music/video for my iPod. Of course, when I plug my iPod in and iTunes starts, I get a lovely message about the iPod being registered to another computer and the only options that come up for me are to Erase/Sync or Cancel. Obviously I don't want to erase what's currently on my iPod because it's the only copy of my music library. I've tried to enable the iPod as a disk and then transfer the files into my new iTunes library, but iTunes doesn't add any of the files. I've looked at a couple of software packages, particularly something called YamIpod but it doesn't recognize my iPod at all.

Has anyone had success in this area? I'd really appreciate any incite you can provide!

Advertisements