Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Having issue with..

• Please log in to reply

CompKid416

CompKid416

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
Hey guys. I'm currently having an issue connecting to Battle.Net in order to play like Starcraft, Warcraft , or Diablo II for example. What happens is for Starcraft is that everything loads up A-OK, everything is cool, then when it says "Accessing Account", it just freezes there. For Warcraft 3, where it says like "Initalizing connection to Battle.Net", it just freezes there as well.

Is it my FireWall that is messing this up? I have Comodo and when I try to alt-tab, my screen gets all big and it says like "Some items can't be shown" *or something like that*. How would I allow Comodo to let Battle.Net freely connect?

Or is there just something wrong with my connection?

Advertisements

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
First, I would shut down Comodo to see if the firewall is the issue. If it is the issue then someone with experience on that particular firewall will be able to assist you on getting Comodo to allow your games to access the internet.

CompKid416

CompKid416

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

First, I would shut down Comodo to see if the firewall is the issue. If it is the issue then someone with experience on that particular firewall will be able to assist you on getting Comodo to allow your games to access the internet.

Doh, you're right. Comodo is the issue. With it off, I'm able to freely connect.

Don't know why I didn't think of that first about shutting down my firewall, lol. Thanks.

Now to find someone to help me allow Battle.Net to safely connect.

Edited by CompKid416, 02 July 2008 - 12:00 PM.

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
I just had a look at the some documentation on the Comodo firewall and whenever your game is trying to access the internet Comodo should come up with a popup that asks you if you want to allow or deny access to that particular program. Is that not the case here?

CompKid416

CompKid416

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

I just had a look at the some documentation on the Comodo firewall and whenever your game is trying to access the internet Comodo should come up with a popup that asks you if you want to allow or deny access to that particular program. Is that not the case here?

It IS the case with almost all programs, and I expect it to be the same when I'm trying to play Starcraft, but when I tab out of it when I'm connecting to see if there is a pop up.. my desktop gets all enlarged and my start menu says like "Some items are too larged to be displayed" or something like that. So, thus, my computer is like stuck and frozen.

It's so weird really. I don't get it, heh. It hangs on the "Accessing Account" thing and doesn't let me even tab out to see if there's a pop up.