Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cant get wireless working on my new vista

• Please log in to reply

bagofpaper

bagofpaper

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
have a new computer with windows vista on it and we put a linksys wireless card in it and windows want load the driver.i have now learned after i bought it it says for 2000 and xp only is there any way to make this work on vista
thx

Advertisements

3quilibrium

3quilibrium

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
Hello bagofpaper,
Unfortunately since the documentation stated it is for Windows 2000/XP Only then it is as stated and the drivers will not work with your operating system. Here's something that you could try, find your product on the manufacturers website and search for the drivers for your product, perhaps they may have released compatibility drivers for Vista. If that doesn't help, I would return your wireless card(if you can that is) and purchase a new wireless card making sure it has drivers compatible with Windows Vista.

Regards,
3quilibrium

bagofpaper

bagofpaper

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
thx i will try this