Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error message QLBCTRL.exe pops up

• Please log in to reply

anpsi

anpsi

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
Hi All!!

Whenever i shut down my computer i get this message QLBCTRL.exe not responding and i have to press end now to turn off...I understand its related to Quick Launch Buttons but dont know what to do....My computer is hp dv5218nr and OS is XP....i had done a PC Recovery recently and have AVG Antivirus,Spyware guard,Spywareblaster,Adaware,Spybot Search and Destroy,Windows defender installed...Is it because of any of these programs?...help would be highly appreciated...

Edited by anpsi, 02 July 2008 - 01:58 PM.

Advertisements

3quilibrium

3quilibrium

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
Hello anpsi,
According to my research QLBCTRL.exe is associated with the HP Quick Launch Buttons as you had stated. You could do 1 of 2 things I'm about to suggest.

Disable the QLB startup process by going to Start>Run>Msconfig; go to the startup or services tab and look for the process and disable it.

OR

It sounds to me like you have drivers that came with your HP Keyboard? Reload the drivers and see if that stops the error message.

Edited by 3quilibrium, 02 July 2008 - 02:25 PM.

anpsi

anpsi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
hi 3quilibrium!!....thnx 4 ur response.....i disabled it from the startup(as u said) and then enabled it....for some strange reasons the error message no longer appears.....thank u 4 ur help....