Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Diablo II Lord Of Destruction Crash Issues

• Please log in to reply

reforrest

reforrest

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
The Problem:

Diablo II + Expansion LOD will crash in single player mode within 1 min of starting the game. This only happens after I patch it past 1.7. The expansion brings the game to vers 1.7.

System Specs:
AMD 6400+ 3.2 duel core
2 gigs ram
BFG Feforce 8800 GTX OC
Plextor DVD-r drive
XP sp2

What I've Tried:

I dug through the net all day looking for similar issues. The only thing I could find was a CTD with an error code that other people were getting, mine of course is different in the fact that it just reboots my PC. I followed all steps except for reformatting.

I've...
run scandisk
run defrag
run virus scanner
run spyware scanner (2 different programs)
run registry scanner (3 different programs)
switched out the 8800 GTX for a Radeon 1900 XTX to check for driver issues
switched the video settings on both video cards for 2-d and 3-d
double checked sound driver
double checked video card drivers
installed/reinstalled Diablo II and expansion around 10 times
installed patches from battlenet and downloaded the stand alone patches

The latest patch is 1.12a and I've tried that quite a bit. I just can't figure out why this isn't running. The only other thing I can think of is to reformat but I would rather not. It's just a huge pain.

There doesn't seem to be an issue with not patching it, or playing online patched but I want to play offline and that is were the problem is or seems to be. I'm at a complete loss... I just cannot figure this out.

Advertisements

NovaWorld

NovaWorld

• PipPip
  • 81 posts
Though it sounds like you've done most of these, I'd recommend going through all the steps here. Specifically steps 1, 3b, and 4.

reforrest

reforrest

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
well, I still can't seem to get it working but I guess I can live with multi player mode. Thanks for the post.

NovaWorld

NovaWorld

• PipPip
  • 81 posts
You might try emailing [email protected] -- they're usually the most updated (not to mention experienced) in regards to troubleshooting problems with their games.

ziggy7

ziggy7

• Pip
  • 1 posts

The Problem:

Diablo II + Expansion LOD will crash in single player mode within 1 min of starting the game. This only happens after I patch it past 1.7. The expansion brings the game to vers 1.7.

this is the exact same problem i am haveing

i can play fine on version 1.7 single player but after updated too 1.12a on single player and only when i click to move my guy 1-2 seconds later my comp restarts with no blue screen at all while i can play fine online

my comps somewhat diffrent from yours but i do got a duel core

i have an idea what might be causeing it so could you awnser this

when i was trying to update my game i downloaded a patch 1.11b however im pretty sure this was a virus because it was around 10 MB when the normal size of the real 1.11b patch is 6.49 MB and when i clicked to install it it said could not verify version and showed nothing but my game still whent to 1.11b

maybe this was the cause?

do you remmber downloading any patch that was larger than 9 MB or said could not verify version when you ran it?