Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Explorer.EXE Running Fever of 150,000 K +

• Please log in to reply

dustinmclaughlin

dustinmclaughlin

• Pip
  • 2 posts
So pretty much when I look at my processes in my task manager I always find that explorer.exe is RIDICULOUSLY high. I am talking about 150,000 K + sometimes even hitting 200,000 K +. The highest I have seen it hit is 250,000ish. It has been like this for atleast 2 or 3 months now and I don't know why. I've been on other tech support forums and they tell me to post a HJT log after scanning my PC for malware and what not and I have none. My computer is locked down when it comes to viruses and malware. Nothing touches it. I never get any malware. So what's the deal?

Could it be the fact that I upgraded to service pack 3?

If so, how can I downgrade to SP2 safely.

Advertisements

mirjel

mirjel

• PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
Hello dustinmclaughlin,

Welcome to Geeks to Go.

You can fixed that by going back to the date before you installed service pack 3. Use System restore.

Regards,

dustinmclaughlin

dustinmclaughlin

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hello dustinmclaughlin,

Welcome to Geeks to Go.

You can fixed that by going back to the date before you installed service pack 3. Use System restore.

Regards,

Why didn't I think of that? *Punches self in face* You are a genius my friend! THANKS!

mirjel

mirjel

• PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
You're welcome dustinmclaughlin. If something goes wrong I'm always here.

Regards,

Edited by mirjel, 04 July 2008 - 03:46 PM.