Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet, Router, XP?

• Please log in to reply

MikeHull

MikeHull

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi guys!

Just wondering if anyone could help me. I have recently had to re-install XP because my hard drive went a bit funny but thats all sorted now. I was obviously planning to use my old router to get onto the internet, its all plugged in, im getting a connection on my laptop from it but it doesnt seem to realise that i have plugged it in to my pc.

Any Ideas of what I could do?? :)

Cheers

Mike

Advertisements

TheQuickBrownFox

TheQuickBrownFox

• PipPipPip
  • 714 posts
hi and welcome to the site!

Since you have just reinstalled your OS, your drivers for the network adapters have been removed. You need to reinstall them. If you don't have a CD for it, just download it from the Internet. Be sure to search for the drivers appropriate for your hardware. You should know your network card name/model. Just go to device manager (Start->Run. Type devmgmt.msc. OK.). Your Network Adapter and it's name/model should be listed there.

Hope that helps...:)

MikeHull

MikeHull

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thats brilliant thanks! works perfectly now!

Thank you :)

TheQuickBrownFox

TheQuickBrownFox

• PipPipPip
  • 714 posts
Anytime.

zhouyu

zhouyu

Banned Spammer

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 1 posts