Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer stuck on infinite rebooting loop.

• Please log in to reply

failarhya

failarhya

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
My Computer has ben on an inifnite loop for about three months and no one could tell me what was wrong! I found a person on here who has the same problem and it was suggested to them that they use the recovery disk. I didn't have a disk so I made one as they directed in the thread but it will not work! all I get is a blank screen with a blinking - symbol. Can anyone help me please? I even told it to boot from the disc and no help!

Pretty please could someone help. I have precious pictures on it of my late sister and father that I do not have anywhere else! I am soo desperate to get them back!

Advertisements

ipods619

ipods619

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
Hello Failarhya!

For starters, I'm sorry to hear about your father, sister, and computer!!

I'd like to first make sure that your computer is recognizing the CD to boot from. When you start up the computer, try to enter the BIOS settings. (This varies for each computer, but usually its F12/F2/F1/DEL)

Once you get there, see under System Options or similar, if you see a Hard Drive AS WELL AS a Disk Drive.

Let us know what you find!

Regards,

failarhya

failarhya

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Thank you for your sympathy, it was a few years ago now so it's nto so bad, I just miss seeing their faces and hearing their voices sometimes.. Checked the Bios system and it has it has a cd rom,floopy (( though I have no ports)), boot to lan and a hard drive

Edited by failarhya, 03 July 2008 - 03:02 PM.

Mr Freeze

Mr Freeze

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
you can get your pictures and valuable information from your harddrive
you can slave the harddrive to another computer
or use a ide/sata 2.0 cable
heres an example of one

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16812232002

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hello failarhya...

Can you tell us what disk you burned and how it was burned? It sounds like it may be RC.ISO. If it is, it must be burned as an ISO image to work properly.

wannabe1

failarhya

failarhya

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

you can get your pictures and valuable information from your harddrive
you can slave the harddrive to another computer
or use a ide/sata 2.0 cable
heres an example of one

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16812232002

I do not have another computer to put it on sadly... I'm at the library borrowing theirs.

failarhya

failarhya

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Hello failarhya...

Can you tell us what disk you burned and how it was burned? It sounds like it may be RC.ISO. If it is, it must be burned as an ISO image to work properly.

wannabe1

I burned it on a 80 minute cdr and I used the active ISO burner... I reburned the disc three times and each time to no avail..

Edited by failarhya, 03 July 2008 - 03:26 PM.

Mr Freeze

Mr Freeze

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
you can get this done at repair shop they will recover your valuables

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Try burning it with ISO Recorder. Make sure to get the version for the operating system from which you will be burning the disk. Once installed, ISO Recorder adds "Copy Image to CD" to the right click menu. You didn't tell us what file it is, but if it's RC.ISO, right click on the downloaded file and choose "Copy Image to CD" from the menu to start the burning application. You can burn the disk using the default settings.

When you boot the machine to the disk, watch for the prompt to "Press any key to boot from CD" and press a key when you see it.

failarhya

failarhya

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

you can get this done at repair shop they will recover your valuables

I might be able to but all the places I took it to wanted 190 bucks to do it and I'm a struggling college student.... I really need my cmputer for school to...

Advertisements

failarhya

failarhya

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Try burning it with ISO Recorder. Make sure to get the version for the operating system from which you will be burning the disk. Once installed, ISO Recorder adds "Copy Image to CD" to the right click menu. You didn't tell us what file it is, but if it's RC.ISO, right click on the downloaded file and choose "Copy Image to CD" from the menu to start the burning application. You can burn the disk using the default settings.

When you boot the machine to the disk, watch for the prompt to "Press any key to boot from CD" and press a key when you see it.

I used it but it still doesn't come up with the boot from cd thingy....

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
I don't think the boot priority is set correctly in BIOS Setup.

What kind of machine is this and I'll see if I can walk you through checking that.

failarhya

failarhya

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

I don't think the boot priority is set correctly in BIOS Setup.

What kind of machine is this and I'll see if I can walk you through checking that.

It's an ACER Aspire 3000 If that helps. My mum bought it for me four years ago and I cannot remember too much about it...

Mr Freeze

Mr Freeze

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
if you have a chance to use a ide/sata 2.0 cable
ask a friend one who has a computer
together you can get the info off harddrive

well good luck to you and wannabe

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Sorry it took so long...I fired up my Acer.

To enter BIOS setup, press F2 when you see the Acer screen with the scroll bar.

In the BIOS screen, press the right arrow key to select the "Boot" heading.

Use the down arrow to select 1: whatever it is now. Press the F5 or F6 key to change it so 1: is your cd-rom drive.

Then use the down arrow key to select 2: whatever it is now. Press F5 or F6 to change it so 2: is your Hard Drive

Press F10 and say yes to save the settings.

See if you get the prompt then.