Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Sorting boot options

• Please log in to reply

Ste

Ste

• PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
Hi, just a quick one. I have been using a dual boot system on the same drive ie XP & Vista. As I use XP most, mainly because of the peripherals which are not supported with Vista yet. I have to wait around for the option of booting with XP or Vista will boot by default. Being lazy I want to just turn on and leave it to boot so I have removed Vista and deleted the partition. The problem is I still get the boot option showing up when Vista isn't even there. Can someone tell me how to get rid of this option. I thought of flashing the Bios but then thought there may be a simpler way. Is there? Thanks.

Steve.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Right-click My Computer -> Properties -> Advanced -> Settings under Startup and Recovery.

Ste

Ste

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
Hi, thanks for that. I found the info but I'm not sure what to do with it?

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Okay, its not there.

This might be of help:
http://www.brunolinu...oot_option.html

Ste

Ste

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
Thanks again that sorted it. (The program seems to have been updated by the look of it but all the options are there and it's easy :) to use).