Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

dsl connection when away from home

• Please log in to reply

normonster

normonster

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
We are on vacation for over a month in Palm Springs. When we rented the house they said we had wireless but when we got here it had been disconnected. Now we're stuck here and I have to run my blog daily but have to visit neighbiors to do it.

We have DSL at home in another state and my cell phone has Bluetooth capability as well as my car (Prius). Is it possible to use the BT to connect with my at home dsl account? I'm not great at all this. My wife sets my stuff up so I'm a little lost. At the moment, having control of my blog is EXTREMELY important due to a writing gig. The network people are looking at my blog daily and now I'm really cramped with this dsiconnect. If it was a normal vacation I wouldn't worry about. I told them I would be updating daily.

Any help here would be extremely welcome.

normonster :) :) :)

Advertisements

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
This would not be possible at all. The only internet connection that has the ability to travel with you are some dial up connections.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
The only other options would be if you have a laptop setup with satellite wireless (which is expensive) or if you have a wireless card, to see if you can find a local unsecured wireless connection you could connect to. You can check this under the wireless connections utility in the O/S.

Ron

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Sorry, Payne is right, that is another way that it could work.