Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trojan:Win32/Vundo.gen! [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

loophole

loophole

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 9,798 posts
Hi

Its been a very busy day, your logs look fine, what is the pop up you are recieving? I don't see anything off hand

Advertisements

jchevier

jchevier

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Yesterday and today I haven't seen anything. In reading some other topics, I think I read about a program that cleans up the programs that we used to fix my problem, I just can't seem to find the name of it again. I was wondering if maybe you know what it's called. What kind of freeware do you recommend to prevent re-infection? Thank you very much for all your help. -Jason

loophole

loophole

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 9,798 posts
  • Make sure you have an Internet Connection.
  • Double-click OTMoveIt2.exe to run it.
  • Click on the CleanUp! button
  • A list of tool components used in the Cleanup of malware will be downloaded.
  • If your Firewall or Real Time protection attempts to block OtMoveit2 to rech the Internet, please allow the application to do so.
  • Click Yes to beging the Cleanup process and remove these components, including this application.
  • You will be asked to reboot the machine to finish the Cleanup process. If you are asked to reboot the machine choose Yes.

as far as protection, you have exactly what I have. I consider it good. Sometimes these things just happen

some great guidelines to follow to prevent future infections you can read this article by Tony Klein ->Here

loophole

loophole

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 9,798 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.