Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

PNY 2GB Flash Drive Problems

• Please log in to reply

cyberninja187

cyberninja187

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I just bought a New HP a6303w and for some reason it will not recongize my PNY Attache 2 gb flash drive. I updated all the drivers and still nothing. The flash drive said it was "Ready Boost" ready, but I guees not. Any suggestion !!!??

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Are you on a network? Sometimes XP will map a network share as "E" Instead of the usual "F". Usually USB flash drives will also map the drive as "E". There is where the problems start. Some USB drives have no programming on them to tell windows what they are so windows just maps them as the "E" drive, but the "E" drive is already being used so Windows just does not see the flash drive. The easist method is to remap the shared drive to "F". You may have to change where the other computers look for the shared drive to the "F" drive( another problem, EH!)

Another problem i have with my compaq computers is they will not see the newer 2 gig flash cards when i use a card readers. My 1 gig drives they see just fine, just not the 2 gig drives. I have not found a fix for this as yet. Funny thing is if i leave the 2 gig cards in my kodak camera the computers will see the pictures and i can transfer them just fine. But only thru the camera being connected by USB.

SRX660

Edited by SRX660, 05 July 2008 - 12:38 PM.

cyberninja187

cyberninja187

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Sorry I should have posted I was running Vista Home Premium.