Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Stop 0x0000007B after MB & CPU upgrade

• Please log in to reply

deano199

deano199

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
hi everyone,
I have upgraded my MoBo from
ASUS PTGD1-LA with Intel P4

to a

GeForce6100PM-M2 with a AMD Athlon X2 dualcore ultatr 6000+

The putting it together was ok, but on startup after selecting boot from hard drive in the BIOS I get to the Windoxs XP logo screen and then it stops, flashes to a blue screen where I get the Stop 0x0000007B (0xBACC3524,0 error message, it then repeats the start up process over and over agian.
Any idea's what might be causing this?

Ta
Dean

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
You should have saved all data you needed to save from the HD, and then reformatted and reinstall windows as you made some major changes to the hardware and now windows has a conflict in the drivers.

From Aumha

0x0000007B: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

Windows lost access to the system partition or boot volume during the startup process. Typical causes: Installing incorrect device drivers when installing or upgrading storage adapter hardware, or a virus.

SRX660

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Need to do a Windows Repair from the XP CD. You can't just change the board and expect Windows XP to work, it needs repairing to talk to the new board.

deano199

deano199

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hi,
Thanks for the responces
I've backed up all my doc's to a western digital external hard drive.
How do you reformat a HD?

The problem I have is XP came pre installed and came with no CD. So can't reinstall.

Can I make a XP installation CD if I rebuild using the old MoBo? If not any other suggestions?

Ta,
Dean