Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

mouse movement acts like scroll wheel

• Please log in to reply

Keith M in AZ

Keith M in AZ

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Some time ago, I replaced the mechanical mouse on my HP PC with an optical MS mouse. Since then, if I use the scroll wheel, after after half a second or so, the mouse enters a mode where mouse movements cause scrolling, and a circular icon appears on the screen apparently indicating that the mouse is in this mode.

How can I disable this annoying feature?

I am running Vista.

thanks

Keith

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Sometimes a new mouse has its own drivers which need to be installed and then configured as you want. Have you check for or did an install CD come with your new mouse? Might check through the Mouse Utility in Control panel.

Ron