Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cant cut and paste, cant change services

• Please log in to reply

kahdah

kahdah

GeekU Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 15,822 posts
To do a repair install, you wont lose anything it will just repair the components that are corrupted.
If some services are missing then they will need a repair to fix it.

Advertisements

brute force

brute force

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
the mllmj.dll unregistered and moved successfully. cant seem to get report because it hangs. so no report written. i tried twice. i can keep trying?

kahdah

kahdah

GeekU Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 15,822 posts
How about this one> C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\xajwnyju.dll
All I need to know is if the files are moved successfully if they are you can just let me know.

Have you ever performed a repair install before are you familiar with the procedure?

brute force

brute force

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
just saw your message about the repair install. i am here today so i am ready whenever you are. thanks again for all your help. seems like my kid really messed this up

kahdah

kahdah

GeekU Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 15,822 posts
Did that other file move as well?

I am about to eat lunch I will post instructions for a repair install in a bit. :)

brute force

brute force

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
files successfully unregistered and moved. as for repair, i can only tell you that when i put the cd in, there is an option to repair ®, but i nver thought that was any good (will my docs be saved etc. i.e you cant install windows over windows, right?)

brute force

brute force

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
i saw nothing about anything being done to the xa... file you indicated.....only the mllmj file. maybe that is why move it is hanging. is ti doing its thing ? i looked and it was "not responding"

kahdah

kahdah

GeekU Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 15,822 posts
YEs try to put in the latter file name and move it then we can proceed with the repair install.
Basically what it does is rewrites any corrupted system files and replaces them with good copies repairs most (if not all) damage done to the system.

Put the cd in and boot from it Pressany key to boot from cd should appear.
Then when you get to the next screen you will prompted with three options.
Hit enter then It will search your Hard Drive for any existing windows Installations.
When it finds yours choose R for the repair to begin.

Follow any prompts after that and continue.

After that please try to update and run Malware Bytes Antimalware again and you should be able to post and drap\drop etc..

A full tutorial is found here:
http://www.geekstogo...ws-XP-t138.html

brute force

brute force

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
that file is still hanging. it acts as if removing it but hangs. so i went to the folder and deleted it

im about to do repair

brute force

brute force

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
it seems that your instructions for the repair are incorrect. i never get to the repair option. i got all the way to the format of the partition and , obviously, stopped

Advertisements

kahdah

kahdah

GeekU Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 15,822 posts
Did you read the tutorial?

Check my previous post look for the link providew let me know if that helps.

brute force

brute force

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
yes, absolutely read before my last post to you. believe me, it never gets to that option. could there be difference in the flavors of XP.

kahdah

kahdah

GeekU Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 15,822 posts
Hi go to this forum
http://www.geekstogo...2003-NT-f5.html
post a topic there and tell them your issues they will be able to help you further.
After they help repair what's damaged come back here and we will finish up.

Thanks.