Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Explorer 7

• Please log in to reply

notquiteanexpert

notquiteanexpert

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hi all,

I am having problem with IE7. I had it installed successfully with no problems for months. However, I must have uninstalled a program or file that it needed because when I launch it now, it appears to be retreiving the website, but displays nothing (blank white screen within the browser), and the address written within the address bar will then go blank also.....When I click in the address bar, the message box appears saying something like "www.google.com is unavailable in the address bar" (or whatever site I was trying to get to).

I have rolled it back to IE6 which works fine (I'm on it right now!). I have tried re-downloading IE7 and installing again (twice now) and the same problem occurs.

If anyone has any ideas on how I can fix IE7 I would be very appreciative.....

Thanks

Advertisements