Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

CD R/RW Drive

• Please log in to reply

Essy

Essy

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My CD R/RW drive just disappeared as in my computer just stopped seeing it....Help!!!

Advertisements

vally

vally

• PipPipPip
  • 573 posts
Welcome to G2G

Does the cd open and close?

Go to start run and type devmgmt.msc Now in the dvd/cdrom drives is it recognized? is there a symbol next to it?

What did you do before it disappeared?

lena36

lena36

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Hi Vally,

I kind of have the same problem. My dvd/cd rom drive is recognized, there is a cd symbol next to it in device manager, and it opens and closes. However, when I try to backup word, and other files on the computer it doesn't recognize the drive saying the selected drive is not in use, or something like that. Also when I try to copy music from my media player to a cd it doesn't do it. It keeps saying no device detected press F5 to refresh, when that is done nothing happens. Please help

vally

vally

• PipPipPip
  • 573 posts
Hi lena36

Post the problem the same way you posted here in a new thread. This way you can have all the attention :) .

In this thread we will try and help Essy.

lena36

lena36

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Not a problem, I'll do that now

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hello Essy...

Click Start, then Run, type regedit and click "Ok"

In the left pane, expand (click +) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, then SYSTEM, then CurrentControlSet, then Control, then Class, and click on {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

In the right pane, are UpperFilters and/or LowerFilters listed?

wannabe1