Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Media player wont start. Script poblem? XP

• Please log in to reply

Scott G

Scott G

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I am running XP. i recently had a virus i got rid of it using a register cleaner then had problems with windows script javascript and stuff wouldn't work in IE 7.
i tried to reinstall windows script but that failed with some error about registering jscript.dll
i tried to manually register jscript.dll using "regsvr32 jscript.dll" and "regsvr32 /u jscript.dll" both failed with a random error. I then added some register values from here http://www.geekstogo...ror-t50483.html Method 2.
f414c262-6ac0-11cf-b6d1-00aa00bbbb58
existed and i copied it to
f414c260-6ac0-11cf-b6d1-00aa00bbbb558
f414c261-6ac0-11cf-b6d1-00aa00bbbb558
now IE 7 works with javascript and everything but windows media player wont work but from what i have read (dont remember the site) problems with windows script can effect windows media player.
i don't know what caused this but i also experienced a problem where some of my user data got deleted but not the 2 other accounts on my PC
when i tried to login i couldn't click in the password box it showed up but i couldn't type in it.
i pressed Ctrl+Alt+Del twice to got a login screen where i could login normally. but my desktop picture was gone. i had object dock running but all its settings had been reset to default. i the opened outlook and my Outlook.pst file had been deleted from "C:\Documents and Settings\Scott\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook". i don't know if this is related to windows media player or the script problems.

Thanks for any help

Scott.

Advertisements

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
I don't think the malware is properly removed with just running a registry cleaner.
In fact, Geeks to Go doesn't recommend running registry cleaners as they can seriously damage your PC.
To make sure you get rid of all the malware I suggest you take your log to the malware doctors found in this forum.
Please make sure that you read this before posting anything in the malware forum.

If you're still having problems after the malware doctors declare your log clean feel free to post back here and we'll help you to the best of our knowledge! :)

Regards,
Olrik