Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New Hardware Error

• Please log in to reply

pompanoguy

pompanoguy

• PipPip
  • 99 posts
I keep getting a message that says "new hardware found, printer", then the installation message goes on. I do not have a printer hooked up to my laptop. The platform is Windows XP. After I hit cancel, the message in the lower right says that the new hardware did not install correctly. How can I fix this? Thanks

Advertisements

Mr Freeze

Mr Freeze

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
go to device manager from start

Start/Run/ devmgmt.msc /click ok

are there any yellow or red marks

if there are your options are this

you can click on the +
then right click on the driver
disable it or update it

mirjel

mirjel

• PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
Hello pompanoguy !

First insert the printer software CD into the computer. Go to : Start >> Printers and Faxes. Do you see anything. If no, click Add a printer >> Next >> check Lokal printer attached to this printer and Automatically detect and install my Plug and Play printer >> Next and follow the onscreen instructions to install the printer software, restart computer.

If the printer software CD is not available, the driver can be downloaded from Website at Software & Driver downloads from printer manufactures.

Regards